Saturday, April 7, 2007

Eladrienne's SLNN Reporting Life

I meant to tell you all that the dry-run with Second Life News Network (SLNN) went really well and I was assigned the SL finance beat. I went to J-school in real life, so being a reporter in SL isn't far-fetched. My editor, Marvel, assigns me a story or I propose one. I go out and cover, write it up and ta-da! It's a lot of fun and I find it challenging to arrange and conduct all of the interviews and write up a final piece. My job in SL really is as a reporter and I like writing pieces that inform the SL public. Lately, I've been covering the two stock exchanges. I was really tickled when we beat Reuters' SL bureau on my first story, lol.

Well, you can see photos of me at the SLNN offices and chilling at a coffeehouse waiting for an interview to come through.

If you have SL finance stories you'd like to suggest, please feel free to send me an email at eladrienne@gmail.com or IM me in-world.

For you fashionistas: My suit is by IndustriElle, jewelry is Lassitude & Ennui. I'm interviewing professional businesspersons, so I figured I should dress the part. Who said you can't be professional and look good too?

No comments: