Friday, June 22, 2007

Fighting and Axes and Swords, Oh My!

As I said, I lost the bid, but Sir Telemachus (in the black) invited me to watch him spar at the arena in Scagnar, a mild Gor sim. He asked me to wear a dress that covers my arms (easy enough as I was still dressed in Victorian garb). Gorean culture has its own rules, and while I can not say that I agree with them (for instance, women in Gor culture)--like cultures anywhere else, I will still respect them. I was treated rather politely and well actually.

I didn't know what to expect, but I can tell you, the matches were fantastic! Watching Sir Tele and his brothers fight was actually very exciting! It seems that leisurely Caledon living had made Tele a little out of practice (hanging out at the Falling Anvil will do that it seems), so he ate sand for the first few matches. But then he got his bearings and boy, were the matches great! Axe vs. sword, then sword vs. sword and the last one was well-fought. He won the last two and I'll admit, I had a great time. He hopes to bring sparring and fighting instruction to Caledon. I think it's a great idea. I'd do it!

No comments: