Thursday, August 9, 2007

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

I called it off with a very close friend that I've known and cared about ever since I was a noob here in SL. I realized I just couldn't be what we had contemplated for our future.

It really hurt how it went down and I know I hurt him. It sucked and was really ugly...

Theory
Into love, and out again,
Thus I went, and thus I go.
Spare your voice, and hold your pen--
Well and bitterly I know
All the songs were ever sung,
All the words were ever said;
Could it be, when I was young,
Some one dropped me on my head?
--Dorothy Parker

I'll never forget your falling off the deck of my first little house by the water and wish you well in life, both real & Second...this really really hurts...

1 comment:

Hotspur O'Toole said...

Whereas I have nothing but sympathy for your recent relationship woes, I DO commend you on your choice of quotation. The Amazing Mrs. Parker was a star in a shining constellation that included the likes of Wallcott, Benchley, Thurber, Kaufmann, Perelman, Ryskind, Hecht, Will Rogers and the Marx Brothers (the funny ones, anyway). I remain an unabased drooling fanboy of the Algonquian Round Table, and especially its first citoyen, Mrs. Parker.

V/R

H.