Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Maiko Presentation Ceremony

I put on one of my best kimono and joined Marcell at the Amatsu Okiya's fourth minarai to maiko ceremony for Amaterasu Demina and Veritas Veloce. Minarai are in a stage of learning about the geisha arts from their older sister (oneesan, like theirs--Cesti Dagostino) before becoming maiko, who are apprentice geisha. Minarai>Maiko>Geisha.Veloce-san told a story about Prince Yamato Take, and then they both performed a dance as Okasan Suzanne Logan accompanied them on the koto.
Marcell introduced me to the Okasan, and everyone enjoyed a champagne reception to congratulate the new maiko...
I was given a tour of the lovely grounds by minarai Emeriselle Theas-san...And here I am sitting in the courtyard of the Blue Lotus Okiya...

No comments: