Friday, October 12, 2007

SL Exhibit Hopping: Art in Paris 1900

I took a stroll down the Champs Elysees in Paris 1900, contemplating the zip line from the Arc. I thought I'd see if they sold anything Moulin Rouge-y, although I own way too many burlesque-style outfits already. As I was walking by the Moulin Rouge, I was greeted with a "Do you like art? Would you like to see my work nearby?" He complimented me on my black velvet bustle dress, calling it a "classic look." I was charmed.

I followed artist Zephyru Zaphedzhi to the main gallery there where he has an exhibit spanning two floors. Beautiful, dream-like oil paintings--some influenced by historical figures such as Mata Hari and Rasputin. He wanted to give me one at a reduced price and I told him to choose one for me:
I think it was a perfect choice (and actually the one I was going to buy anyway! Really!) I am going to hang it in my Regency bedroom...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable find this :-)

zephy