Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SL Exhibit Hopping: DynaFleur @ Princeton South

I missed Flowerball, so I did not want to miss DynaFleur...May I just say "oooooo"? Located at Princeton South, DynaFleur is a sim-sized installation that must be experienced and features the photography of Douglas Story, with sound by Dizzy Banjo, landscaping by Poid Mahovlich, and scripting by Desdemona Enfield. When I arrived, I wasn't sure what to expect...I dropped down from the upper platform to the next...
And into a riot of shifting colors...
The floral photography of Douglas Story is lush and gorgeous, and in this setting, you are immersed in it...
Once you are through the main part of the installation, you fly up to the huge panels of his photos and they unveil themselves. I felt quite small compared and found his works quite beautiful...
I am always amazed at the way that SL allows artists to present their work. I believe it allows us to experience art in ways we could have never imagined.

No comments: