Sunday, February 17, 2008

Torvaldsland and Toast

I first met Tele because I bid on him at the Caledon Relay for Life Beefcake Auction back in June. I lost the bid, but I gained a dear friend. At the time, he spent more time in the Gorean sim of Torvaldsland fighting, fighting, and more fighting. He had promised back then to give me a tour and climb the mountain with me...
First, he showed me around Hammersgaard with its scribery, town hall, infirmary and central fire that's always kept burning...
We chatted with a few bondswomen who admired my fur coat. I was concerned about them kneeling in the snow half-naked. He was really well-armed although the sim was empty. Seems he would have had to "speak for me"--as I was pretty, unveiled and a freewoman--if another warrior questioned me. He explained that sim is lenient, but others would've been in an uproar of sorts by me. I always find it a bit amusing, as I'm a pretty good fighter--with Gorean weapons no less. You know what I think about Gorean culture, but to each their own. We then climbed to the top of the mountain where he showed me the homestone...
I got a beautiful view of the sim and the adjoining one, Scagnar, where I had watched him fight in the arena long ago. We are both so busy that we rarely get to talk in person anymore, so afterwards, we sat and chatted for a long, long time and it was really nice. He rarely goes back there anymore and I was pleased to have him share somewhere that had once meant a lot to him in here...
Earlier, I had gone to Suffugium to meet Puck's oldest friend in SL Binne. I believe she's the one whomade the hologram of him. Of course he's in Scooby boxers and a "Toast is My Business" T with...rotating...toast...

1 comment:

Michael Röhm said...

Actually the hologram was made by Miss Kaeli Candour. :D