Saturday, March 15, 2008

Virtual Starry Night...Again

I had just wrapped up the latest issue of the Steelhead Anvil, so I treated myself to Virtual Starry Night...again. I came here months ago when my computer still really sucked and I couldn't see a thing. This time however, was quite a treat. First, I took a moment to sit at the cafe... Then, I walked across his Hiroshige-inspired "Bridge in the Rain"...
Before sitting down in the sand admiring the "Fishing Boats on the Beach at Sainte-Marie-de-la-Mer"...
And finally, I got to see the sim's namesake, "Starry Night." I saw this many years ago in NYC and this version is wonderful. I know that so much has already been written about this already, but it is worth it to take the time to walk through the interactive gallery. Virtual Starry Night is a wonderful example of how SL can be used to educate and look at art in an entirely new light...

No comments: