Friday, May 16, 2008

Rezzable Garden of NPIRL Delights Open!

I sat perched upon our creation waiting for the time for the Rezzable Garden of NPIRL Delights to finally open to the public! Based upon Hieronymous Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights" (one of my absolute fave pieces), the Festival features some of SL's best creators and scripters. Around 12:05 SLT I was amazed as it was as if the sims fairly exploded with green dots! It was so incredibly exciting to see!Madcow Cosmos and I were both excited and had fun watching people going by. Remember Madcow, the HUD is the navigation-challenged's friend!
My build with Kheph, the "Tower of Industrial Judgement", is inspired by the "Earth" central panel of the triptych. My concept was that of a "aethereal steampunk tower" and we thought of man, technology, and the Tower of Babel. Kheph and I ran with that, making it a truly collaborative build, both of us adding onto it and surprising each other. Madcow asked me my fave part of it. I love building the fishie, the scales, and oddly enough...these walkways and platforms that I think give it a certain delicacy...
Fellow artist and Gardener Eshi Otawara came over and ended up trying out the swinging wrecking ball. Her dress has this unbelievably beautiful texture...
But I am already finding that a crowd favorite is high in the sky...my flying fishie, based upon the painting and my late fighting fish Magic. Please come and visit the Festival! You will not be disappointed!

No comments: