Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Of Blue Skin & Moon Elves...

Anyone who truly knows me knows that when I'm not my steampunk kitty self, I shapeshift. Phin has said that he never knows which Elle he is coming inworld to. I love different skins and avatars and thanks to fellow Plurker Peter Stindberg, I am finally blue. I have always wanted a really pretty blue skin like this and I am tremendously happy with it. Even has freckles! Yay! Thank you Peter!Lunar is wonderful to me and I thought I'd repay that kindness by making a surprise for him. He had been talking about wanting elven armor. I've never made any before, but armed with RL references of Chinese, Russian, Japanese armor and medieval platemail, I decided to make a go at it. He, like I, was pretty amazed at how it turned out. It is named "Lunar Yugao" after Yoshitoshi's "100 Aspects of the Moon" woodblock engraving inspired by the Tale of Genji. A part of the engraving is embossed on the metal. I think it is one of the most beautiful things I have made in SL so far...

1 comment:

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

It is one of the most amazing gifts ever given to me. Arigatou Elle.