Monday, July 14, 2008

Wandering the Mainland...Blame Torley

Well, I can blame Torley and his watermelon-y enthusiasm for this one. After watching his video on buying a parcel as a Premium member, I was like, "Screw it...I've spent money on worse stuff. Why not have land that I truly own?" and went hunting for a little 512. It had been a long time since I explored the mainland. I forgot about the tight plots and weird ad placements...And it concerned me to see lots divided into such small parcels. Why is that allowed? It's like inviting trouble...
At first, this one seemed okay, ad block thingies aside. I hated the concept of being totally boxed in though...But then, I came upon a parcel on a hill, with tolerable builds surrounding me--even a steampunk from Babbage with a beautiful build nearby! I saw a neighbor busy at work and he intro'd himself as Rod, saying he was building an art museum...
He showed me how beautiful the sunsets were there and I knew this was the one! I have named it "Vista del Sol" and plan to have it as a little meditation and sculpture art garden where I will cycle out pieces by myself and friends. I created the wall to complement the museum's gardens on the land below and will change the art on it regularly. Right now it is showing my sketch "Inazami". I am truly thrilled with my decision...

No comments: