Friday, September 12, 2008

Your SL Home's Where Your Heart Is...

I couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't. For months, since V put his lands up for sale, I have endured a parcel behind me that has gone unsold for 3 months, and a succession of neighbors for whom terraforming tools should never be made available to them. For weeks I have had to look at this crap across from me...This is what this area used to look like. Across from my 5000 sq m total lots were rolling hills, gorgeous landscaping, and ponds that V created, as well as a nice-sized central lake perfect for swimming, windsurfing and sailing that was there when I first moved there almost a year and a half ago...
Here you can see in this old pic that the lake was a nice size once...
But as you can see in the pic below, the neighbor that created the plateau mass across from me not only narrowed the lake by more than 50%, but also closed the water channel access that emptied into the void sim next to us, which is good for sailing too. This move, along with the unsold land and our now utterly devalued properties since the rest were now being sold for 1L/sq m, spurred my long-time neighbor T into action. Like me, he lived there for about a year now. He sent a notecard and email to management (as I did after him), asking them to please re-terraform and make the lands presentable for prospective buyers. He got a rather rude and "oh well" kind of response back. Me? I got no response at all.
I worked on my garden, carefully landscaping it, trying to make it all beautiful to counteract the ugly. In my adjacent lot, I pulled back some of my land as I wanted to reclaim water and created a pretty little island for a pavilion. I was about to add a waterfall at the tea house when it struck me...WTF was I doing? Why was I holding onto a lot that cost a ridiculous tier for such crappy service and disregard? Sentimental reasons? Screw that. It was time. There was only one thing that I could do...
I found a pretty 1/4 sim lot for a steal, lots of prims, only 3 neighbors, privacy and a tier that costs less than my 3000 sq m alone's lot. It's so rough right now as I'm still terraforming and building, but I'm happy every time I look outside now.

1 comment:

TotalLunar Eclipse said...

I dislike the thought of seeing such a beautiful waterfront property turned into... that. It looks like they're about to make a mall. Your new property looks lovely, congrats.