Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dance! Flamenco and Seville's Feria de Abril

I visited the sim of Al-Andalus Caliphate, which is inspired by Moorish Spain, to attend their Feria de Abril activities. In Sevilla, in the Andalusia region of Spain, there is a week-long cultural festival with bullfighting, horse parades and of course...flamenco. The women dress in their beautiful traditional gowns and there's lots of dancing and fun...I love Spain and while there in RL a friend taught me the basics of how to dance sevillanas. Coordinating my arms and learning to mirror one another was tricky! Of course, here in SL--armed with great animations--I can dance it much better so I found my way to the Cafe Flamenco, where you can listen (and dance!) to fantastic flamenco music...
I found this great flamenco music stream to play on my parcel, and in my beautiful flamenco dresses by CANDELA Pfeffer of Mercandillo de Candel, I thought I'd dance for a while...
I love the way the dresses move and swirl...
...wouldn't you?

4 comments:

Michael Röhm said...

Lovely Elle! That's a great dress!

stormyjayne said...

do you know where i could purchase the dances from flamenco cafe?
email midnightsong@gmail.com

Eladrienne Laval said...

The flamenco dances are from Bell Curve Island.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.