Monday, September 7, 2009

Life On Blue Mars

Seeing all of the other posts about Blue Mars lately, I'm finally getting around to posting this as I took this a while ago now and someday I will look at this 1st day pic and laugh at my utterly fresh-faced innocent noobishness before I became corrupted and jaded and so forth and so on.

I've had my Blue Mars account for quite a while now, but now that my RL travels and SL inworld life's a bit calmer, I just started being good about actually truly figuring out how to run it all on my piece o' crap computer without it either a) imploding, b) exploding or c) both.

Here's a news flash: It's still beta, folks! There isn't much to do or see or buy yet because the development phase is still going on. However, if you are willing to be a pioneer and just check it out, then hey. Even my laggy POC (piece o'crap) still brought up great graphics and I love my bouncy swingy hair. Avatar customization isn't what I'm used to (although tweaking the makeup and selecting clothes is a breeze). I can't wait to change my avatar's face shape and features. Right now, I look like singer Toni Braxton or something.

If anything, I just remember what SL was like once upon a time. Even when I joined, SL flexiprims were brand new and like "WOW!" Innovations will come soon enough, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to exploring it and telling more about it in the future.

3 comments:

Bettina Tizzy said...

It's a baby still! Not even a toddler. These are still the early days. I agree.

Eladrienne Laval said...

Absolutely! It is exciting to me to see what will possibly come of this.

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

I've loiked what little I seen so far - I think this could be an exciting place to go. I need some horns though :-D