Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Underwater in Steeltopia

What started out with a chat with Steel about a new personal uniform for him led to my asking him about the water quality in Steeltopia. "It's not as bad as Babbage's, but it's...OK," he said. I cringed, thinking about Babbage's notoriously unclean waters. One word: wiggyfish. I wasn't taking any chances and figured that compared to Steelhead's pristine waters, I'd still need to wear a filter this time...
Obsidian Bay turned out to be a fun place to swim around in as a mer. Steel has a great sense of humor and seems like he has a tendency to sink things too, so there were things down there to see such as these eels. Knowing him, I assumed they were electric or something, so didn't get too close to them...I was exploring some large wreckage and all of a sudden three large tentacles sprang to life. "ACK! TENTACLES! What the HELL?!" I said. I should have known...Steel, being alien, came and joined me underwater. Seems I found his pet kraken by accident...

3 comments:

HeadBurro Antfarm said...

Pet. Kraken.

0_o

Funny Bunny said...

I think Babbage suffers from its close canals and port not allowing a clean water push through its waterways. Steeltopia seems to have a lot more access to open ocean.

Eladrienne Laval said...

Honestly, knowing SteelCobra, I'm surprised that the Mad Blue Emperor did not have other "surprises" waiting down there for me...