Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Metaplace Closing

I got a notice that Metaplace would be closing on January 1. I took part in its beta months ago after signing up on a whim...
I've heard it described as "retro" and coming from SL, it certainly had that kind of feel to it, but for some reason I kept returning. I enjoyed exploring all of the little worlds that folks created out of simple graphics and items pulled from Google's 3D warehouse. Browser-based and very easy to use, but it really did have a throwback feel to it though. The fun for me was finding worlds were people were doing interesting things, like this Victorian Jack the Ripper mystery-based one called Whitechapel 1888...And you know that I could not resist visiting "Steampunk"...There are/were a lot of creative folks in there who pushed the boundaries of what could be done in there, such as the "Wonka" world by Xue Mei...Whose "Happy" was also a standout to me...My own little place evolved during the time that I was in there and I essentially rebuilt my beloved gardens that I used to have in SL. I truly enjoyed creating this and I am sorry to see it go...

No comments: