Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sharknado & Shanghai

Only in Steelhead would there be a Sharknado themed party...
Last night I braved the crashiness of my computer to come inworld and support my friends Lunar and Tensai, as they made the difficult decision to close Steelhead Shanghai...
I've spoken a lot about the ephemerality and challenges of SL. One of those challenges is knowing when to make decisions that are truly painful, but necessary...
I know how much hard work went into this sim's creation. I helped create projects for it myself and will be sad to see it go away...
But Steelhead is a strong community and being able to continue to maintain that community is what is most important. That's life in SL. We have projects and places we love and lose. I know that feeling firsthand myself. It will be missed, but we move forward.
You can read all of my former posts about Steelhead Shanghai here.

No comments: