Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Reflections on RFL 2014

As some of you know, RFL is a very personal thing for me. One of the reasons I came to SL in the first place was that I was dealing with my mother's cancer treatment at the time. I saw SL as a place of peace where I could build and forget for a moment. RFL is my yearly reminder of her and others who are special to me's fight with this disease. I know so many who lost their battle and others, like my mom, are still here to fight another day...
I totally enjoyed cheering folks on from the Steelhead campsite this year. Pared down my outfit and stood barefoot in the grass as folks went by...
As I heard the names of those that I love honored during the luminaria ceremony, I welled up. There is a reason why we do this every year...
Our Steelhead Salmons team and the town of Steelhead raised over $1000.00. This year's Relay in SL raised over $410,000 real-life dollars overall! Thank you all so much for participating and trying to make a difference!

No comments: