Saturday, September 5, 2015

Out on the Water

I am still kind of reeling from the announcement the other night. Members of our community are so distraught, depressed, upset, lost-feeling, uprooted. It is such a sadness involved. Des (Caledon), Tenk (Babbage), and Selena (Winterfell) have kindly offered to take us in. After all, we have to go somewhere and not everyone's comfortable roaming the world like me. Even if it is a virtual community, it is still a community and that loss has a visceral feel to it. I thought I'd take to the waters, and brought Phin, who was brave enough to go along...
I named her the "Zephyr Too" after one of my original sailboats that I used to take out on the Firth of Caledon. The Blake Sea is much bigger and so interesting to sail on. I find it pretty calming just being out there, hearing the water, watching the planes go overhead, and other vessels going by. At one point, I dropped the anchor and we just talked. It felt good. It'll be OK...

No comments: